You will find here some selected (but certainly not exhaustive !) general interesting links to publications about recent nuclear related matters.
(20100302) NOW AVAILABLE: Kernenergie beter begrijpen – Comprendre le Nucléaire. Electronic edition by BNS Belgian Nuclear Society, this very interesting publication covers the major areas of nuclear sciences and technologies (2010). Only available electronically through the BNS website, this publication is available in French and in Dutch:
More info here:
(20090810) General publication by NEA Nuclear Energy Agency about the main aspects of nuclear energy: "Nuclear Energy Today" (2003). Available in
(20090810) Thematic publications available in French and Dutch edited by the Belgian Nuclear Forum about the 4 following subjects (july 2009):
- nuclear applications in our day-to-day live:
- nuclear waste:
- nuclear safety:
(20090810) For the young people, Areva edited a small publication A Journey To Energy’s Core (2005). This document is available in English and in French:
(20090810) The French CEA Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique published those 2 interesting and yearly updated documents: Energy Data Book (2008), and Nuclear power plants in the world (2008). Those publications are only available in French:
- Mémento sur l’énergie – Energy handbook (FR – pdf)
- Elecnuc - Les centrales nucléaires dans le monde (FR – pdf)
(20090810) Nuclear Energy Outlook (2008). To celebrate its 50th Anniversary, the OECD NEA Nuclear Energy Agency launched its first Nuclear Energy Outlook (NEO), on 16 October 2008. It responds to the changing dynamics and renewed interest in nuclear energy and arrives at a moment when energy security, climate change and the cost of energy have become priorities in both short-term and long-term energy policies.
Using the most current data and statistics available, the NEO provides projections up to 2050 to consider growth scenarios and potential implications on the future use of nuclear energy. It also offers unique analyses and recommendations on the possible challenges that lie ahead.
Topics covered by the NEO include: nuclear power's current status and projected trends; environmental impacts; uranium resources and security of supply; costs, safety and regulation; radioactive waste management and decommissioning; non-proliferation and security; legal frameworks; infrastructure; stakeholder engagement; advanced reactors and advanced fuel cycles.This very interesting book (460 pages) is available in English and in French, on paper and in pdf at the OECD online bookshop for the price of about 105 EUR (indicative price).You will find here the Nuclear Energy Outlook executive summary in:
(20090810) DVD + book “All about nuclear energy … from Atom to Zirconium” (2008) is freely available by order through the Areva website – publications’ section.
This publication is available in English or in French
(20090810) The CEA Commissariat à l’Energie Atomique is publishing 2 or 3 times a year the scientific and technical review “Clefs CEA”. This publication is edited on paper (only in French, free subscription through the CEA website) or on the website (in French and in English).
Each edition covers deeply a particular subject.
You will find below the link to the electronic pages of the most recent issues:
- Nuclear systems of the future Generation IV (Clefs CEA nr 55) (2007 – EN)
- Systèmes nucléaires du futur - Génération IV (Clefs CEA nr 55) (2007 – FR)
- Extreme measurement (Clefs CEA nr 54) (2006 – EN)
- Mesures de l'extrême (Clefs CEA nr 54) (2006 – FR)
- Radioactive waste : constant advances with solutions (Clefs CEA nr 53) (2005 – EN)
- Déchets radioactifs, des solutions en progrès continu (Clefs CEA nr 53) (2005 – FR)
- Radiological and Chemical Toxicology (Clefs CEA nr 48) (2003 – EN)
- Toxicologie radiologique et chimique (Clefs CEA nr 48) (2003 – FR)
- Research and Simulation (Clefs CEA nr 47) (2002 – EN)
- Recherche et simulation (Clefs CEA nr 47) (2002 – FR)
- Radioactive waste management research (Clefs CEA nr 46) (2002 – EN)
- Physique nucléaire et sûreté (Clefs CEA nr 45) (2001 – FR)
(20090810) Available at the Editions Hirlé, the book “Energie Nucléaire, comprendre l’avenir” (2007) written by Bertrand Barré and Pierre-René Bauquis covers all the aspect of this energy from the past, through the present applications, to the future systems. This very interesting book is available only on paper, in French and in English at an indicative price of about 30 EUR.