- 29/11/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "The Failure of a Vision: European Nuclear Between Dream and Reality", by Mr. Jean-Pol Poncelet (FORATOM)
- 25/10/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "The Generation IV Internation Forum (GIF)", by Mr. Didier Haas (EC JRC)
- 27/09/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "European Peer Review of the Stress Test Performed as the Follow-Up of the Fukushima Accident", by Mr. Philippe Jamet (ASN)
- 31/05/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "Long Term Management of Radioactive Waste in Belgium", by Mr. M. Demarche (ONDRAF-NIRAS)
- 26/04/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "Agricultural land management options following large-scale environmental contamination - Application to Fukushima", by Dr Hildegarde Vandenhove (SCK-CEN)
- 29/03/2012: BNS Evening Lecture: "Is There a Future for Nuclear in the Overall Energy Picture" by Prof. Dr. Wiliiam D'haeseneer (K.U.Leuven)
- 01/03/2012: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "BNS Thesis Contest, Edition 2011",
- "Current knowledge of the Molten Corium Concrete Interactions (MCCI) and parameters of importance for representative reactor cases under dry conditions using the MEDICIS code", Mr. Philippe Dejardin
- "Development and calibration of electrochemical oxygen sensors for application to low temperature regions in liquid lead alloys cooled reactors", Ms. An Mariën
- "Contribution to a risk-informed assessment of the technical specifications of a nuclear power plant", Mr. John Mitchel Onana Obama
In 2011 the BNS has organised the following activities:
- 24/11/2011: BNS Evening Lecture: "Benefits From Integrating SMRs With Renewable Energy Resources in Electricity Generation", Mr. D. Shropshire (European Commission)
- 27/10/2011: BNS Conference: "Long Term Operation of Nuclear Power Plants: Life Beyond 40 Years":
- Visit to Scaldis Training Center
- "Welcome", Mr. Yves Comptdaer (ELECTRABEL Doel NPP)
- "Introduction and International Update", Mr. Jean Van Vyve (BNS)
- "The Belgian Regulatory Framework", Mr. Frederik Van Wonterghem (FANC-AFCN)
- "The LTO Approach of Electrabel", Mr. Geert Backaert (ELECTRABEL)
- "Embrittlement of Reactor Vessel Material", Mr. Rachid Chaouadi (SCK-CEN)
- "Time Limited Ageing Analysis", Mr. Michel De Smet (GDF SUEZ Tractebel Engineering)
- "A case from Abroad - LTO of the Borssele NPP", Mr. Andre de Jong (EPZ)
- 19/05/2011: BNS Conference, organized in association with the Institute for Radioelements (IRE), "Production of Radiopharmaceuticals: From Target to Target"
- 28/04/2011: BNS Evening Lecture: "ITER, a Decisive Stretch on the Road to Fusion Energy", Prof. R. Weynants (Emeritus Prof., Royal Military Academy)
- 24/03/2011: BNS-YG Evening Lecture --> cancelled
- 24/02/2011: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "BNS Thesis Contest, Edition 2010", Mrs. Vanessa Cauwels, Mr. Pierre-Henri D'haene, Mr. Job Janssens
In 2010 the BNS has organised the following activities:
In 2009 the BNS has organised the following activities:
- 26/11/2009: BNS Evening Lecture: '"Life Begins At 40! How Electrabel GDF SUEZ takes up the challenge of the long-term operation of its nuclear power plants", Mr. Geert Backaert (Electrabel GDF SUEZ) and Mr. Arnaud Meert (Tractebel Engineering GDF SUEZ)
- 22/10/2009: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear power. We've really thought about it! - The making of a nuclear campaign", Mr. Yves Van Landeghem (Saatchi & Saatchi Brussels), Mrs. Brigitte Dierckx, Mrs. Diana Nikolic, and Mr. Luc Frankignoulle (Belgian Nuclear Forum)
- 24/09/2009: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "Nuclear Under High Tension - Challenges for the Network to Meet the 20/20/20 Objectives With or Without Nuclear", Mr. Roel Goethals (ELIA)
- 25/06/2009: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "IRE on the Move", Mr. Jean-Michel Vanderhofstadt, Mrs. Leila Boudaka, Mr. Valéry Host, Mr. Tony Dieudonné, and Mr. Grégory Delécaut (IRE)
- 28/05/2009: BNS Evening Lecture: "Experience with mechanized inspections on primary components in light-water cooled reactor", Mr. Dirk Ebert (Westinghouse)
- 30/04/2009: BNS Evening Lecture: “This is how nuclear emotions influence public opinion ! Should nuclear communication also use novels and films ?”, Mr. Alain Michel
- 26/03/2009: Semi Annual BNS Conference : "Nuclear Fuel Management in Belgian NPPs : a Continuous Search for Improvement"
- “Incore Fuel Management in Belgian Nuclear Power Plants”, by Mr. Hendrik de Baenst (ELECTRABEL)
- “PWR Fuel Assembly – Design Bases and Evolutions”, by Mr. Etienne Bonnaud (AREVA NC)
- “Codes and Methods for core management and safety evaluation - A quick overview”, by Mr. Christophe Schneidesch (TRACTEBEL ENGINEERING)
- “Reprocessing and MOX in Belgium: Past experience and future possibilities”, by Mr. Jean van Vliet (BELGONUCLEAIRE)
- “Spent Fuel Handling and Storage”, by Mr. Rony Verdickt (ELECTRABEL)
- “Qualification of nuclear fuel: issues addressed & required technical means”, by Mr. Marc Verwerft (SCK-CEN)
- “ENUSA & EFG Research Programs and perspectives for the field of fuel design”, by Mr. Jose Alonso (EFG-ENUSA / WESTINGHOUSE)
- “Incore Fuel Management in Belgian Nuclear Power Plants”, by Mr. Hendrik de Baenst (ELECTRABEL)
- 19/02/2009: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: “BNS Thesis Contest, Edition 2008”, Mr Dimitry De Jonghe (KULeuven), Mr Julien Smeets (ULB - Université Libre de Bruxelles) and Mr Wim Van Rompay (BNEN - Belgian Nuclear higher Education Network)
- 29/01/2009: BNS Evening Lecture: “Nuclear energy development in the UK - The politics and economics of Britain’s €136 billion nuclear market”, Mr Ian Jackson (Halcrow Group)
In 2008 the BNS has organised the following activities:
24/01/2008: BNS Evening Lecture: “Development and application of coupled codes and methodologies at TE for PWR accident analysis”, Ms Sophie Cambier, Mr Maxime Haedens, and Mr Christophe Schneidesch (Tractebel Engineering)
28/02/2008: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: “Greenhouse gas emissions in the nuclear fuel cycle”, Mr Jef Beerten (SCK-CEN)
27/03/2008: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: “BNS Thesis Contest, Edition 2007”, Mr Bram De Loore (Katholieke Hogeschool Kempen), Mr Xavier Rootsaert, and Mr Simon Vanmaercke (Belgian Nuclear higher Education Network)
24/04/2008: BNS/BNLA Evening Lecture: “The Resistible Modernization of the International Nuclear Liability Regime”, Mr Patrick Reyners
29/05/2008: BNS Evening Lecture: “Do we have to think again at the thorium cycle ?”, Mr Dominique Grenêche (Areva)
26/06/2008: BNS Evening Lecture: “WANO: Nuclear Safety for our World's Future", Mr Lucas Mampaey (WANO)
25/09/2008: BNS Evening Lecture: "The Peculiarities of the uranium market and the shortage arguments", Dr Gérard Pauluis (Synatom)
16/10/2008: Semi Annual BNS Conference : "Nuclear Contributions to Global Energy Challenges"
“Nuclear energy, present and future opportunities and risks”, Dr. C. Kirchsteiger (European Commission, Directorate-General Energy & Transport)
“Impact of Nuclear Energy on the Belgian Power Market”, Mr. D. Woitrin (CREG - Commission for electricity and gas regulation)
“Anticipation of tomorrow's needs today”, Mr. M. Cerruti (AREVA Group)
“R&D Challenges for Nuclear Power in a Sustainable Energy Mix”, Mr. F. Carré (CEA – French Atomic Energy Commission)
- “Nuclear R&D in support of education”, Prof. Dr. E. Van Walle (SCK-CEN - Belgian Nuclear Research Centre)
27/11/2008: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear Forensics: A Powerful Tool in Nuclear Safeguards and Nuclear Security Applications", Mr. Klaus Mayer (European Commission - JRC ITU)
In 2007 the BNS has organised the following activities:
17/01/2007: “De relatie tussen de journalistiek en de nucleaire wereld”, Mr. Philippe Lamotte (Le Vif-l'Express), Mr. Steven Stroeykens (De Standaard), and Mrs. Anne Verledens (SCK-CEN).
22/02/2007: “CO2 Capture”, Mr. Hughes Legrain (Faculté Polytechnique de Mons).
29/03/2007: BNS-YG Evening Lecture : “BNS Thesis contest, Edition 2006”: Mr. Nick Bree (KULeuven), Mr. Nicolas Castin (BNEN), Mr. Joris Creemers (UGent), Mrs. Marijke Jacobs.
26/04/2007: “Geological disposal of radioactive waste – the challenge of assessing the long-term safety”, Mr. Pierre Van Iseghem (SCK-CEN).
31/05/2007: “Belgian developments in the nuclear since 1990”, Mr. Marcel Maris. (AVN)
25/10/2007: “Computer-aided dose optimisation: Visiplan and Visimodeller“, Mr. Fernand Vermeersch (SCK-CEN) and Mr. Michel Detilleux (Tractebel Engineering).
29/11/2007: “The CANDU 6 reactor and its technological evolution for the future”, Ms Carolyn Joy Alsop (Amec).
- 26/01/2006: "The EPR" by Mr. Bertrand Barré (Areva, France).
- 23/02/2006: "The reactor pressure vessel: a crucial structural component of a nuclear power plant" by Mr. Eric van Walle (SCK-CEN, Belgium).
- 16/03/2006: BNS Thesis Contest: Mrs. S. Put (KULeuven - BNEN), Mrs. L. Vereecken, Mr. J. Buyst (UGent)
- 20/04/2006: BNS Symposium on "Belgian contribution on improving nuclear safety in Eastern Europe": Mr. G. Delecaut (IRE), Mr. E. Maier (EuropeAid Co-operation Office), Mr. M. Maris (AVN), Mr. M. Detilleux (Tractebel Engineering), Mr. M. Gaube (Tractebel Engineering), Mr. J. Van Vyve (Tractebel Engineering), Mr. G. Volckaert (SCK-CEN) and Conlusions.
- 18/05/2006: "Overview of nuclear fuel operating experience and safety criteria at extended burn-up" by Mr. Carlo Vitanza (NEA - OECD).
- 29/06/2006: "WENRA's achievements in nuclear safety" by Mr. Yvan Pouleur (FANC-AFCN, Belgium) and Mr. Pieter De Gelder (AVN, Belgium).
- 28/09/2006: "La Loi Bataille" by Mrs. Ponsot-Jacquin (CNE, France).
- 26/10/2006: "From quark to cosmos" by Prof. Sévrin (VUB, Belgium).
- 30/11/2006: "Is it still time to strengthen IAEA safeguards" by Dr. Pierre Goldschmidt (former Deputy Director General and former Head of the Department of Safeguards at the IAEA).
- 27/01/2005: BNS-YG Evening Lecture : “BNS Thesis contest, Edition 2004”: Mr. Kevin Govers (ULB)
- 24/02/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "Availability of test Reactors : a key issue for Nuclear Medicine" by Ir. Henri Bonet (IRE).
- 07/03/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "New Energy Challenges" by Mr. Alain Bucaille (AREVA).
- 07/04/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear Waste Management for a Sustainable Future for Nuclear Power" by Mr. Philip Finck (Argonne National Laboratory).
- 26/05/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "The natural nuclear fission reactors of Oklo and Bangombé (Gabon)" by Dr. Sonia Salah.
- 23/06/2005: BNS Round table "Education in the nuclear sector" by Prof. Giot (UCL), Prof. Tondeur (ISIB), Dr. Ir Van Goethem (European Commission), Mr. D’haeseleer (KULeuven - BNEN), Mr. Breadael.
- 29/09/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "Biological dosimetry: practical use for dose assessment in exposed individuals and populations" by Prof. Dr. H. Thierens (UGent).
- 09/11/2005: BNS Conference: "Decommissioning in Belgium of Nuclear facilities" by Mr. P. Govaerts (SCK-CEN), Mr. W. Blommaert (FANC-AFCN), Mr. J. Cantarella (NIRAS-ONDRAF); Mr. G. Dadoumont (SCK-CEN), Mr. R. Walthery (BELGOPROCESS), Mr. JM. Alardin (IRE), Mr. A. Lemmens (ELECTRABEL), Mr. J. Van Vyve (ELECTRABEL).
- 15/12/2005: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear Hydrogen Production Technology and main developments at JAEA" by Dr. Shusaku Shiozawa (JAEA- Japan).
- 29/01/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "Proton therapy" by Mr. Y Jongen (IBA).
- 26/02/2004: BNS-YG Evening Lecture : “BNS Thesis contest, Edition 2003”
- 04/03/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "Evolution of a leading international radiation technology business at the Pelindaba nuclear facility in South Africa" by Mr. D. Robertson (NECSA NTP).
- 25/03/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "The valorisation of a repository in an added value project" by Mr. R. Van Hove (University of Antwerpen).
- 28/04/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "The Development of Nuclear Energy in the United States" by Mr. R. Vijuk (Westinghouse).
- 27/05/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "Low Level Radioactive Waste Disposal in Europe" by Mr. J-P. Boyasis (ONDRAF).
- 17/06/2004: BNS Round Table: "Nuclear R&D in Europe: perspective and future" by Mr. Truffin (ULB - SCK-CEN), Mr. Schenkel (JRC), Prof. Giot (UCL), Mr. Hittner (AREVA NP), Mr. Pirson (Tractebel Engineering) (no presentation available).
- 30/09/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear and media: a hate-love relationship" by Mr B. Thieren (Belgoprocess), Mr. L. Frankignoulle (Electrabel).
- 28/10/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "Steam Generator replacement at Doel 2 NPP, sixth of a kind ?" by Mr. J. Vertongen (Tractebel Engineering).
- 09/12/2004: BNS Evening Lecture: "ITER" by Prof. Tran (EFDA).
- 09/12/2010: BNS Conference, organized in association with IRRM (JRC-EC), IRE, SCK-CEN, with the support of the Belgian Presidency of the Council of the European Union : "Research in Nuclear Sciences: Impact on the Citizen"
- 28/10/2010: BNS Evening Lecture: "The Dismantling of the MOX Plant of BELGONUCLEAIRE (BN) in Dessel", Mr. Achilles De Backer (Belgonucleaire)
- 30/09/2010: BNS Evening Lecture: "Methods for volume reduction and recycling of LLW arising from operation and decommissioning of nuclear installations", Mr. Gregor Krause (Studsvik Nuclear, Sweden)
- 24/06/2010: BNS Evening Lecture: "EU and JRC R&D and support activities in the area of nuclear security with a particular focus on combating illicit trafficking of nuclear materials", Mr. Willems Janssens (EC - JRC Ispra)
- 27/05/2010: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "Energy Security: is this a challenge for the markets or for the strategic community as well ?", Dr. Jamie Shea (NATO).
- 29/04/2010: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "Guinevere: The Making Of !", Mr. Peter Baeten (SCK-CEN).
- 02/03/2010: 1970-2010, 40 Years BNS Conference : "60 Years of Nuclear Science in Belgium: Inspiring History, Exciting Future".
- 19/02/2010: BNS-YG Evening Lecture: "BNS Thesis Contest, Edition 2009", Mr. Robin Cuypers, Ms. Jytte Elseviers, Mr. Guillaume Pochet.
- 28/01/2010: BNS Evening Lecture: "Nuclear transports in Belgium : how to avoid accidents for more than 40 years", Mr. Xavier Bairiot (Transnubel).